Sunday 4 January 2009

Return of the Mack

So another Christmas is past and it’s now 2009. I’ve eaten too much and the recycling box is overflowing with empty bottles of Jacob’s Creek. I’ve had 3 weeks off work and should be feeling chilled and revitalised but when I got up this morning it was Shadrach Dingle staring back at me in the bathroom mirror. I decided to set up my new Wii Fit only to be informed by my Nintendo nemesis that I’m overweight and my screen persona suddenly inflated to look like Twiggy from The Royle Family. I was crest-fallen. I gave up after 10 minutes and went outside to have a fag.

Post Christmas telly is always crap. Things got so bad that I suddenly found myself watching Nana Mouskouri, The BB Years on BBC4…………and enjoying it! Thank God for the return of Celebrity Big Brother!

‘Ladies and Gentlemen, the egos have landed’ screamed Davina. I nearly cried with joy but why was she dressed as a big black crow? I know the weather’s been cold but surely wardrobe could have found her something more alluring than a goat skin rug and heavy duty gardening gloves. Pete Burns would be so proud.

She gave us a quick tour round the ‘new’ house first. Apart from a couple of exercise bikes from Argos and 3 old merry go round horses it didn’t look much different. Perhaps Channel 4 is feeling the effects of the credit crunch or maybe they just couldn’t be arsed. Davina did her best to make the minimal changes sound interesting but she was really struggling to win me over with her squeals of excitement over the fact that the beds had thicker mattresses. Is that the best that Dreams could do?

Up first was Michael Jackson in drag. Now I know he’s desperate to make a comeback but I don’t think transvestism is really the best way to win us round. OK so we love Hayley Cropper and quite happy to have our SKY news reports from a voluptuous blonde who used to be called Colin but this is a hair extension too far.

Moody Mutya was up next wearing a sleezy dressing gown and looking like an extra from You Only Live Twice.

Poor little Verne couldn’t get up the staircase so they made him walk round the building to the back door. Not a great idea because his legs are only about 10” long so we had the longest entrance on record. You could feel the tension from the production crew as he finally arrived, out of breath and dizzy, at the Diary Room. The tiny trooper managed to drag his overnight bag into the house like a weary school kid returning home after his first day at school with a bag full of his new reading books and jotters.

Someone who resembles a heavy off Taggart was delivered next to the house. I hate people who refer to themselves as ‘activists’. Usually means they’re attention seeking, wasters who didn’t get enough cuddles from their parents when they were growing up.

Housemate number 5 was someone from Bournemouth who is apparently famous for her boobs. A Tory bird who’s scared of clowns. Now there’s irony for you.

The token cute guy arrived next. The lovely Ben from A1, who has thankfully ditched the hideous hair curtains, got the best reception form the crowd so far. His ideal woman is Dawn French so who does Big Brother chuck in next? Tina Malone. A peroxide Dawn French from Liverpool. Could this be our new Ziggy & Chanelle?

Coolio was next up. Seems like a nice guy but how can you take a 45 year old guy seriously with that hair. On his VT he looked like a giant cockroach. He spent most of the first 24 hours telling people how normal he is and true to his word he let rip with the first massive celebrity fart of 2009.

Jordan’s Geordie bridesmaid was wheeled out next. I have a feeling that Michelle will be a complete waste of space and whine a lot. She’s doing Big Brother to prove to people that she’s not a piss head. Bad plan Michelle. The only reason you still get column space in Heat and Now is so we can all laugh at pictures of you falling out of clubs with no knickers on.

The annoying Northern twat who did The Word (his words) went in next. Claims he’s been in the ‘business’ for 26 years but I have a feeling he’s only worked for 7 of them.

The last housemate to arrive was Queen Ulrika. I know most people can’t stand this Swedish export but I quite like her. I think Tommy likes her too. Maybe this will be baby number 5 with hubby number 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment